Tuesday 18 September 2012

I Swear, I'm As Free As My Hair..

Ooooh cheesy post title there Katie! Anyway, lets have a natter about hair.

Attempting to make me look like I'm fun when I'm not

Me and the mop I call my hair have never been friends really, I've cut it short many a time then hated it, I've burnt it to a crisp with my straightening iron and bleached the crap out of it over the years. I'm currently trying to create a more loving relationship with it but it's making it difficult for me because well, it doesn't do what I want it to do ever.

This was my hair last Friday

This is the closest I could get to showing you the length of my hair really. It's not long at all for all I'm trying to grow it and I haven't had it cut since the beginning of April. I only straighten my hair once a week max. It just happened to be Friday last week because it was school photo day (cringe), I still look awful even though my hair did look better than it usually does. My hair kinda looks ombre but it really isn't. It is just the lack of dye my hair has seen recently and that the bleach is still in the ends off when I was like twelve.

Looking rough this morning, mmm

So this is my hair after it has naturally dried. If you have hair like this yourself you probably hate it like me but many people I've spoke to would love to have natural hair like mine. I just can't get my head around that. I don't really know what to say about my natural hair really, it's just curly really and never wants to stay straight when straightened.

The bun that occurs when I have
the above permy situation
 
I often throw my hair up in a bun when it's natural. It's just easy and gets it out of my face. Plus I've had a few compliments on my bun and how much it looks like I have a doughnut in when I actually don't. I can attempt to show you through photos how to do It if you'd like. I'm not sure how I'll manage but I'm willing to try if that's what you want. Just let me know.

Shampers
I'm not one for buying a specific shampoo all the time so I have little to say about this one really because I've only had this one bottle. It smells nice and cleans my hair so to me it's perfect. It does it's job. I'm not so sure about the claim that it repairs your hair because it seems no different to me but all in all, I like it.

Conditioner 
 
Okay, this is one product to do with my hair that I stick to. I adore this conditioner it moisturises the hair and it smells just devine. Oh, it;s just fab, I love it. The bottle is also super handy because it doesn't have a lid which avoids the slippery shower faff that you usually have to go through to get the product out.

Dry shampers

This is just the first dry shampoo that I picked up in the shop as I have no preferences. It was pretty cheap, It was £4 and has quite a lot in. It smells alright and does the job so I have no complaints. It also does not leave white marks in your hair either which is a positive. I just whack a bit of this in my hair on day 2 when it's looking a bit lifeless.

Highly messed up Tangle Teezer

If you're a little phobic of hair just ignore the above photo. This is the most loved out of all my hair brushes as you can tell from the bent bristles. It looks like a dog brush but it works like a charm. It is a little overpriced for a plastic hair brush but I love it anyway. It gets rid of tangles without the pain and tears of a normal comb or brush. I just love it and so does my hair. It's the one thing we agree on!

Well that's that hairy subject sorted (ay, see what I did there?)

20 comments:

  1. you are so pretty and funny :)

    - A.
    adriannaislookingforastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww. great tips, and great products, and the hair brush looks sooo awesome, I have to find it around here! You look lovely and funny on the photos! Nice blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin’? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I'll have a nosy at your blog now <3

      Delete
  3. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I love your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be kidding but thank you anyway. Aw thank yo so much xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the bun. Could you make a post how to do it without donut? I kinda do something similar by pining it around, but bloody hell...mine looks enormous and really messy so...show us how to do yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and take the photos over the weekend and I'll do some planning and it should be up on Tuesday so keep your eyes peeled for that!

      Delete
  5. I love your hair natural. I have super curly hair, so I know how frustrating it can be but I've finally learned to embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's something I need to learn how to do!

      Delete
  6. aww you're super with curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hair is ridiculously similar to yours when it's curly! Would love to see how you do your bun! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im planning to do a post on it on Tuesday so keep a look out for that! xo

      Delete
  8. I think your hair is just perfect, girl! And I'm jealous of your messy bun. SO perfect!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, wow thank you! I'm going to do a post on how to do it so look out for that one, it will hopefully be up Tuesday. xo

      Delete
  9. Your hair is amazing naturally dried! Learn to love it, its really very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, wow thank you very much! I'm not convinced, saying that, I'm having to learn to love it with all this torrential rain x

      Delete
  10. I love the 'permy' photo! You look so good with it wavy, I wish my hair looked as good as that naturally :) xxx

    ReplyDelete